1. What does Vital Link do?
Vital Link is a non-profit organization that connects education and businesses to support students in identifying their future career. Our organization serves three purposes.
- We provide Career Exploration opportunities to students from the middle school to the university level, which include Project-Based Learning, Exhibit Days, Business Site Tours, College Pathway Days, Career Exploration Days, and Academies.
- We provide professional development for teachers, administrators, counselors and CTE directors. The opportunities include Advisory Board meetings and Professional Learning Communities in nine different industries.
- We connect industry to their future workforce through our entry-level and internship placement system, OCInternship.com.
2. Where can I learn more about Vital Link?
You can learn more about all of our programs here, and you can also sign up for our monthly newsletter.
3. How can I get involved?
There are a wide range of possibilities when getting involved with Vital Link.
- If you are a business professional, you can attend one of our Advisory Board meetings as an industry content expert. There are numerous events where you can volunteer, or even join one of our committees. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- If you are an educator, we offer Advisory Board meetings and PLCs, where you can receive valuable industry knowledge that will keep your current curriculum relevant with industry. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- If you are a student, we have a wide range of Career Exploration programs and an Alumni Association that allow you to Explore, Discover, and Connect™ to your future career. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
4. What is CTEoc?
CTEoc is a collaborative that includes Career Technical Education directors from the Orange County school districts, ROPs, and community colleges, whose mission is to support K – 14 Districts and CTE programs in all Orange County schools, inspire educators to connect and share resources, and bridge educational institutions to industry. You can learn more about CTEoc here.
5. I am a teacher and I’d like to take my students on a field trip to a Vital Link event, but I’m not sure how to get it funded. What can I do?
Contact your CTE director at your district to see how you can get your event funded. Not sure who this is? Contact your district office or email email@example.com, and she will provide you your CTE director contact information.
6. I am an educator and I’d like to attend either an Advisory Board meeting or a PLC. Where can I learn more about these events?
You can visit our CTEoc webpage here to learn more about Vital Link programs for educators. In addition, you can also email firstname.lastname@example.org with more questions regarding these events.
7. My student/child attended a Vital Link event and wants to stay involved. How can I make this happen?
Vital Link has a Student Alumni Association, where students who have participated in Vital Link programs can stay connected with their classmates, engage with industry professionals, and learn vital career-building skills. Contact email@example.com for more information.